Hosted Parties are essential to the success of the Auction. They are fun, extremely popular, and – by far – our best-selling items and our largest source of revenue. But besides all of that, they are a great opportunity for community building! Whether you host a party or just sign up to come to a party, you are sure to have a fabulous time as you mix and mingle with other Brewer families that you may have never met.
What are Hosted Parties? They are “sign-up” events that parents, or a group of parents, agree to host for as many people as they find appropriate for the specific activity/party. Attendees can be adults, kids or a combination of the two. The hosts cover all expenses of the party, and 100% of the funds raised by the event benefit our school. Prices range from $20 to $50+ per person depending on the event, with most adult parties falling in the $25-$80 per person range and most kid parties in the $20-$40 range.
Parties don’t need to be elaborate, but they can be! They can be as simple as an organized football game for 10-20 6th graders at a local park for two hours and as elaborate as a Progressive Dinner hosted by multiple families. It’s up to you. Think Poker Night, Tequila Tasting, Treasure Hunt, Kids Scrapbooking, or just a casual cocktail party. You can host a lecture on quantum electrodynamics if you want – there should be something for everyone!
Our Hosted Party coordinators, have lots of ideas if you need them. Contact us or scroll down for ideas.
We need every single family at Brewer to donate to the auction …and Hosted Parties are by far the most fun way to do so!
- Plan any type of party, activity or get-together for any number of adults, families or kids in the Edna Brewer community (lots of ideas below!).
- Recruit your friends as co-hosts – it makes throwing the party much easier, and a lot more fun!
- Check in with Diana Brown or Tom Heinz as soon as possible to discuss your idea/s and timing.
- Plan (with your co-hosts) to cover all of the costs of the party as your contribution to the Auction.
- Finalize your basic party info: how many guests, where/when, etc.
- Confirm event with Diana Brown or Tom Heinz.
- We’ll auction off admissions to your party during the Online Auction and any remaining available spots at the Silent Auction on March 21. All proceeds will go to support Edna Brewer!
- Throw your party… meet some people, have a blast!
- An organized football game for 10-20 6th graders at a local park
- Mani-pedi or “spa” party for girls
- Parents vs. kids Basketball throw-down
- Pool Party!!!
- Family Kickball tournament
- Trip to an A’s/Giants game
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt
- Local picnic and Frisbee tournament
- Campfire cookout (i.e. s’mores over the backyard firepit)
- Kids Scrapbooking
- Cooking Competitions
- “Amazing Race” scavenger hunt or photo safari (oh – the possibilities!)
- Karaoke or Air Guitar, with or without judges
- Game Night (Poker, Scrabble, Pictionary, Mafia, Scene-it…)
- Tournaments – Basketball? Broomball? Curling???
- Knitting, crochet, embroidery
- Orchid growing (or just not killing)
- A Culinary Feast for 6-12
- Ladies Spa Night
- A Book Club Evening– Propose the book in advance and discuss over dinner.
- Wine Tasting somewhere wonderful
- S.F. or Oakland Foodie Tour
- “Glamping” – with one or two other families
- A classic Golf Outing
- Fly Fishing
- Yoga or other exercise followed by snacks
- Moms’ morning hike and brunch/lunch
- Dads’ Cycling “Tour”
- Kayaking or Paddle-Boarding
- Roaring 20’s
- Cinco de Mayo
- 70’s Disco
- Jersey Shore